International Travel

Non-Egyptian visitors arriving in Egypt are required to be in possession of a passport, minimum valid for 6 months. Italian and German citizen are allowed to enter the country with a valid ID card. The ID card must be valid for travelling abroad and have a minimum validity of 6 month. In this case visitors need to have:
2 recent passport pictures,
1 copy of the ID card.

An Entry Visa is required to enter the country of Egypt and can be obtain at any of the Major Ports of Entry (NOT for all nationalities, please read further down)
There are 2 kind of Visas: the Full Egyptian Visa and the Visa for South Sinai only:
With the Full Egyptian Visa it is possible to travel all over the country and the cost is 25 US$ (as from Jan. 2017). This visa is needed, if you go on a dive safari!
It is valid for 28 days and can be renewed in the Visa offices in main cities.
A visa stamp is normally provided by the tour operator included in the holiday package or can be purchased in the airport arrival hall before proceeding to customs.
The "South Sinai Visa" is free of charge and is valid for 15 days only and can not be renewed. This Visa is valid for the eastern part of South Sinai only and it is possible with it to travel to Dahab,Taba, Sinai Mountains, St. Catherine, Tiran Island and Ras Mohamed. However, this "South Sinai" visa is NOT sufficient to go on a diving safaris!
Citizens of the following countries are required to be in possession of a pre-arrival visa: Afghanistan, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Chechnya, Croatia,Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kirghizia,Lebanon, Macau, Macedonia, Malaysia, Moldavia, Morocco, Pakistan, Palestine, The Philippines, Russia, Serbia and Montenegro, Sri-Lanka, Tadzhikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and all African countries.
Please note that foreigners who reside for more than 28 days in Egypt are only able to fly out of Egypt on scheduled services. For International flights to Egypt from anywhere in the world, please contact your nearest travel agent.